Hello Parents/Players- Summer is almost here. Take the time to look over some opportunities available for your players over the summer. We will try to send out more opportunities as we get them.
The preparation for the 2019-2020 basketball season starts TODAY! GREAT TEAMS
are made from November to February, but GREAT PLAYERS are made from February
to November. Each of you is challenged to MAKE 10,000 shots this summer. Use the
attached spreadsheet to record all your makes.
In order to become a member of the 10,000 shot club, you must MAKE a minimum of
10,000 shots from March until tryouts in September. During your workouts, make sure
to set aside time working specifically on shooting, focusing all your energy on that
Here are some tips to help you achieve your goal of improving shooting and attaining
the 10,000 makes this summer:
1. Establish a specific practice time to work on achieving your goals.
2. The basketball season begins in November and ends in February. You CANNOT
expect to become your best by setting a plan that begins in September.
3. You must think about reaching your goal each and every workout.
4. Start shooting in close to the basket and then progressively move out.
5. GAME SHOTS! Use shots that you will take in a game.
6. Shoot off of movement.
7. Develop a routine that combines a variety of shots.
8. Use fakes and drives when shooting.
9. Follow all shots. NEVER let the ball bounce twice.
10. GO FULL SPEED – no casual shooting.
11. Shoot from a variety of spots.
12. Practice shots after you are tired.
13. Incorporate free throws into your shooting.
14. Shoot with confidence, concentration, and relaxation.
Use the attached spreadsheet to keep track of your makes and turn it in at tryouts
in September. A parent/guardian must initial to verify your workouts.
The reason there are so many ‘average’ teams and ‘average’ people in the world is
because being ‘average’ is easy. Choosing the more difficult path that requires more
time, sacrifice and effort always makes what you really want that much more satisfying
DO NOT STOP AT 10,000 SHOTS! There will be an extra reward
for the person who makes the most shots during the off season!